HOW CAN WE MAKE A JAPANESE RESTAURANT STAND OUT?
Dim Dining is a cool modern Japanese restaurant with a Western twist in Antwerp. To get extra attention and make it stand out between all the other hip restaurants, we needed to do something special. We wanted people to come and taste the unique dishes for themselves and at the same time, make them experience the true spirit of the restaurant: ‘contemporary Japanese with a Western edge’.
WE OFFERED PEOPLE A FREE JAPANESE TATTOO WITH A TASTEFUL MEANING
People could get a free Japanese tattoo, but with one important difference: they didn't translate as 'hope', 'courage' or another “profound” word. Instead their meaning's were 'Crispy Duck Salad', 'Sashimi of Sea Bass' or 'Lobster'. We translated the entire menu of Dim Dining into Japanese and designed tattoos for all 19 dishes, in 6 different styles. To launch the idea, seven influencers got a Tasteful Tattoo and invited people to get their own tattoo. People who got a Tasteful Tattoo were then invited to the restaurant where they could enjoy the matching dish for free.
- PR coverage by Belgian press and international food blogs
- This resulted in more than 300.000 euro earned media
- The campaign got more than 11 million media impressions
- More than 50 people registered for a Tasteful Tattoo
- 20 people are now lifelong promoters of Dim Dining
- The restaurant got fully booked months in advance